Apple pushed out silent updates to the hidden security protection built into Sierra and El Capitan on 1 October 2016.
MRT Configuration Data is incremented to version 1.11. No details are provided.
XProtectPlistConfigData has also been updated, but as usual remains at version 1.0. The only apparent change is a correction to the Developer ID by which the blacklisted com.shelfsick.safari extension is recognised.
Note that, at present, the following are the oldest versions permitted to run on El Capitan and Sierra:
- Microsoft Silverlight 5.1.41212.0
- Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168
- Macromedia Flash Player ESR 22.214.171.1245
- Oracle Java Applet 126.96.36.199
- Apple Java Applet 14.8.0.
If you have older versions installed, they will be blocked by XProtect.
I have updated the listings for Sierra and El Capitan.