Less than a week after the release of OS X Server 5.0.3 with its important security fixes, Apple has released version 5.0.4, available now through the App Store.
Strangely there is no information yet on any further security fixes in 5.0.4, and it is of course possible that it adds and fixes features only.
Listed features which have been improved include:
- Caching Server – with iCloud Acceleration, to reduce iCloud downloading;
- File Sharing – support for iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan;
- Profile Manager – support for new MDM commands and queries, and for new features in iOS 9 and OS X 10.11;
- Device-based Volume Purchase Program (VPP) app assignment;
- iOS 9 support with single sign-on, network usage rules, additional device restrictions, and more;
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan support with improved DEP enrollment, hidden admin account, new MDM commands, new restrictions, and more.
I will post separate details of any security fixes if and when I learn of them.